Private Walks & Talks
We provide bespoke walks and talks to groups, clubs and societies. To discuss your requirements, please contact us.
- Walks: Any of our upcoming or past walks can be run just for your group. We can personalise longer countryside walks along the Hamble River, Itchen Navigation and through nature reserves and woodland. There is also an all-day walk along the Strawberry Trail, covering the length of Eastleigh Borough.
- Talks: Our Guides offer talks covering a wide range of local history and heritage topics. See the examples listed below.
- Tailormade events: If you need a guide or speaker for a specific event, ask us as we can often help.
- Walks (up to 20 people): £50
- Talks: £40
- Tailormade events: please enquire for details.
Contact for Enquiries and Reservations
Email email@example.com or contact Mary South on 023 8061 7182.
Example topics for talks
- Armchair tour of the Hamble Valley
- William Cobbett's Botley
- Monks, Marquis and Mysteries the story of the Abbey at Netley from its origins to the present day
- Armchair tour of the Military Cemetery at Royal Victoria Country Park, Netley
- Armchair tour of Hamble Village
- History of aviation in Hamble
- Tales from the banks of the River Itchen
- The Test Valley
- Meandering along the Meon
- Famous Hampshire Connections people connected with Hampshire
- Some Hidden Hamble Valley and Hampshire Churches
- Exploring a Cistercian Abbey
- Titanic Inheritance
- Old-time Ailments some of the ailments that afflicted our ancestors
- Treating Patients in the Eighteenth Centurybased on local surgeon John Monckton
- Headaches, Haemorrhoids and Herbals plants and medicine from the past
- A Woman's Work is Never Done the lives of medieval women
- Old Southampton
- The Lost Village of Itchen Ferry